Google AdWords is one of the leader in pay-per-click (PPC) marketing. Not only are the ads run on the most widely used and powerful online search engine, Google, however the user interface provides the user more options than any other service and the tracking using Google Analytics is free and extremely robust. Creating a campaign using solid Google AdWords management will help you to see the most return on investment. while there are numerous success stories from Adwords users, you will hear just as many complaints from users that didn’t take the time to understand how to correctly set up a profitable campaign. Remember, you are paying money for every click, and unless you apply the principles of great Adwords management, you risk joining the group that haven’t been able to turn a profit using PPC.
Listed below are 5 ideas to improve your Google AdWords management:
1. Choose keywords which are highly relevant to your site. This can be crucial. You must know what individuals are looking for when they come to your website. You can make use of the Google Keywords Tool located in the AdWords tools section or you can utilize the external keyword tool when logged into AdWords. Just type “Google External Keyword Tool” in the search engines. You will have the choice to type some general keywords then find more related keywords for the campaign. Also, you can ask Google to check your site and return keywords according to its findings.
2. Create multiple ad groups for various topics. Probably the most important aspects of excellent Google AdWords management is organization. Google likes it whenever you put some effort in your campaigns. If you’re selling a cookbook, don’t put keywords linked to “recipes for omelettes” within the same ad group as “healthy dinner choices”. They are two completely different topics and must be managed therefore. Create an advertisement group for “recipes for omelettes” and add all your keywords associated with that topic in that ad group. Perform the same goes with “healthy dinner choices”, etc. This lets you create highly targeted ads for your ad group, resulting in a higher click through rate (CTR), that will give your ad group a greater quality score, which usually results in a lower cost per click (CPC). This is because Google rewards relevant ads by calculating the click through rate. However, make sure that the website or page on your own site that you are directing visitors to is applicable for your ads. If Google discovers that you’re advertising cooking products, for example, but your site is about car insurance, you will find yourself slapped and your ad cost will skyrocket. We’re talking $10.00 per click. Again, this can be to insure the ads on Google are relevant and offer the searchers as to what they’re searching for. The more precise you happen to be more your profitable your campaigns will be. Is practical, right?
3. Don’t be scared to utilize long-tail keywords. Another common mistake performed by many PPC users is they bid on too many general keywords. For instance, for those who have a web site about hardware tools, you don’t want to bid on the term “hardware tools” because it’s extremely general and most likely is pretty costly. If a general keyword like that is not costly, it’s a red flag that the keyword is not really profitable because it’s too general. A long tail keyword means that the keyword phrase is usually 3 words. As an example, if your hardware tools site sells miter saws, you may wish to invest in a keyword like “compound miter saw”, or “sliding compound miter saw” to ensure that you’re as specific as possible. Chances are the bids on the long tail keywords are lower and quite often significantly lower than general keywords. You may not get as many searches for the keyword, but they are more cost-effective and a lot more targeted, both essential elements of good Google AdWords management.
4. Use exact and phrase matching options. A great way to lower the expense of keyword clicks is always to zero in on the exact keyword phrases men and women will be searching on. Many AdWords users just buy broad keyword terms, even if it’s a phrase. For example, should you just add the word “find a job in ny”, your keyword may show up for virtually any keyword phrase that also includes those words. Because of this if somebody typed in “how to find second job in telemarketing outside new york”, your ad could show up. Your site may have nothing to do with the person’s search, however, your ad could still show up. Either the consumer clicks your ad and you pay money for something you’re not selling, or nobody clicks it and your quality score risks goes down. Either way you lose. Instead, add double quotes around your pursuit terms in order to list out your keyword as a phrase. Because of this an individual now has to type “look for a job in new york” in this specific order to your ad to show up. Because of this words can surround the words, like “I would like to look for a job in new york city today”, as long because the words “find a job in ny” are typed in that exact order. An even more specific search phrase is constructed with the help of brackets around your keyword phrase. Because of this the search can ONLY be the exact words of your own search typed within the same order. So, only “find a job in new york” triggers your ad. If a person types “how to find a job in ny”, your ad will never show up. This is another demonstration of successful Google AdWords management.
5. Track your campaigns. Google provides an extremely powerful free service called Google Analytics which is incorporated into your AdWords account. All you have to do is add your site address, paste some code into your site pages and you’re good to go. With Google Analyics you can track where your potential customers are provided by, setup conversion tracking to find out which keywords are leading towards the most sales and a lot, much more. You will see plenty of valuable information regarding your campaigns by looking at the byqskw data. This will help you to tweak your campaigns for the best profit. It will also show you what ad groups usually are not working so that you will stop wasting cash on them. This can have the difference between breaking even and pulling in a significant profit.
While you can see, there are numerous aspects of Google AdWords management that can lead to creating or breaking your AdWords campaigns. There is lots of competition inside the PPC market, and so the more you know about how exactly AdWords works the more likely you’ll stay profitable and successful. Google also provides an extensive learning center which covers the essentials from the AdWords program.